Second Round Application for 2020 Entry (Rolling)
Due to recent social development, UWCHK and Li Po Chun UWC has launched a second round of applications on 26 November 2019.
Students who completed the application form by the original deadline of 25 November 2019 will be considered first; applications received after 25 November 2019 will be considered on a rolling (first-come first-served) basis. Students are encouraged to submit their complete applications as soon as possible.
All applicants are required to complete the selection process before an offer can be made.
All students selected will be completing the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme. The process outlined evaluates a student's ability to gain from a UWC education as well as complete the IB Diploma Programme. Further information about the IB Diploma Programme is available on the College website and www.ibo.org.
First Round Application for 2020 Entry (16 September 2019 to 25 November 2019)
- A Complete application includes:
a) The Online Application Form
b) Recommendation Form
c) Parent Statement
d) Last 2 years of school reports
e) Identity documents
f) Passport-size photo
All information must be submitted by 25 November 2019.
Aptitude Test (Test date for second round applicants will be announced soon)
- All applicants who have submitted a complete application will be invited to take a mandatory aptitude test. Applicants should ensure that they are available to participate.
- The aptitude test will take approximately 3 hours and will be divided into four sections: Reading Comprehension, Written Expression, Mathematical Reasoning and Abstract Reasoning.
- First Round Aptitude Test Date: 8 December 2019 (Sunday)
- Venue: Li Po Chun United World College of Hong Kong (LPCUWC)
- Time: 3 hours in the morning or afternoon
- Shortlisted applicants are invited to attend Challenge Day at LPCUWC, where they will participate in different group activities. The purpose of the activities is to gain a better understanding of the candidates, to evaluate their suitability to a UWC environment and for them to get a taste of interacting with current and ex-UWC students.
- First Round Challenge Day: 19 January 2020 (Sunday)
- Venue: LPCUWC
- Time: 8:15am to 5:30pm
- A final short list of applicants will be invited to a panel interview, during which the candidate's understanding of current events, attitudes towards serving others and philosophy of life are explored.
- For applicants applying through the UWC Scholarship Scheme, a Financial Circumstances Data Form has to be returned at the Panel interview for the applicant to be considered for a scholarship award.
- Panel Interview Dates: February - March 2020
- Venue: LPCUWC
Notification of Offers
- Overseas UWC Schools and Colleges
Successful applicants will be notified of their preliminary UWC offer and scholarship award by early April 2020. Once the applicants have accepted the preliminary offer, they will be officially nominated to the respective UWC schools and colleges. Final confirmation of offer from the overseas UWC schools and colleges will be in May 2020.
Successful applicants will be notified of their offer from LPCUWC by April 2020. The amount of scholarship awarded will be notified by June 2020.
Note to Hong Kong applicants who are currently overseas