Eligibility to apply through UWC Hong Kong Committee
To qualify as a Hong Kong applicant through UWCHK, you will need:
- To hold a Hong Kong Permanent ID Card or dependent visa; and
- To be currently studying in Secondary 4 / Secondary 5 (or its equivalent) as at September 2019.
Hong Kong applicants can apply through UWC Hong Kong Committee to any of the 18 United World College around the world, including Li Po Chun United World College of Hong Kong (LPCUWC). LPCUWC helps adminster the admission process to all UWC in collaboration with UWCHK.
Please note that some overseas UWCs have a minimum age requirement.
It is anticipated that for 2020 entry there will be approximately 60 scholarship places available to overseas UWC and to LPCUWC. We accept applications from 16 September 2019 to 25 November 2019. A complete application includes:
- Application Form - to be completed by applicant online.
- Recommendation Form - to be completed by your current school's Principal or a reference online.
- Parent Statement - to be completed by parents online.
- Last 2 years of school reports
- Identity documents
- Passport-size photo
Important for 2020 entry application!
Please make sure you register for an account on the application platform which will be available on 16 September 2019. This will be your primary source of receiving notifications form the selection committee throughout the application process.
Applicants are advised to submit their applications ahead of the deadline to avoid heavy internet traffic near the deadline closing time (i.e. close to midnight) which might result in applications not saving fully.